Custom Mayhew Marine Launch
Custom / Mayhew Marine Launch
- Location: United Kingdom
- Year: 1986
- Length: 5.18m / 16.99ft
- Go to slide 0
- Go to slide 1
- Go to slide 2
- Go to slide 3
- Go to slide 4
- Go to slide 5
- Go to slide 6
- Go to slide 7
- Go to slide 8
- Go to slide 9
- Go to slide 10
- Go to slide 11
- Go to slide 12
- Go to slide 13
- Go to slide 14
- Go to slide 15
- Go to slide 16
- Go to slide 17
- Go to slide 18
- Go to slide 19
- Go to slide 20
- Go to slide 21
- Go to slide 22
'Oonah' is a grp simulated clinker river launch built by Mayhew Marine in Bristol in 1986, originally as a steam powered launch. In the mid 1990's the steam engine was replaced with a practical Perkins diesel.
The boat has recently undergone an extensive restoration to bring her to the beautiful standard she is in today.
She is offered to the market with a trailer.
- Hardwood (believed to be teak) top sides with caulked joints
- 20mm thick oak planked deck in cockpit
- Bespoke 39 litre stainless steel fuel tank in bow
- 12v cigarette lighter type power outlet & twin USB charging sockets
- Fitted vinyl upholstery throughout
- Brand new ‘Whale’ bilge pump
- Full navigation lights in polished brass
- Tailored overall cover
- Galvanised single axle trailer
- Two fenders
- Ensign & staff
Owner's Summary of Overhaul Works - May 2020
- Hull shot blasted back to original gelcoat. Chips in the gelcoat were filled with a polyester based filler. Engine removed and previous repairs reinforced with an additional three layers of 600gsm fibreglass matting, laid up with Lloyds approved polyester resin. Following this process, the hull was filled and faired in preparation for paint.
- The hull was primed with two coats PPG SigmaCover 280 Epoxy primer. The epoxy was abraded between coats to ensure maximum adhesion.
- Following primer, the hull was then painted with two coats of PPG SigmaDur 500 2k polyurethane gloss RAL1013 (oyster white).
- All of the varnish to the topside woodwork was scraped back to bare wood and the surface sanded.
- Damaged strips were removed and replaced with new hardwood. At the same time, any caulked joints showing signs of deterioration were cut out and the joints renewed with Sikaflex 290DC Pro.
- Following on from repair and resealing, all of the topside woodwork was treated with Owatrol Deks Olje. This premium quality coating system is applied in two stages. Initially, the wood was fed with Deks Olje D1 saturating oil. Once oiled, six coats of Deks Olje D2 gloss varnish were applied. This unique system allows for the natural movements of the wood and should not lift or crack as the wood expands and contracts.
Mechanical and Electrical
- The engine and gearbox were lifted from the boat, followed by the engine subframe. The subframe has been refinished with three coats of red anti-corrosion metal work paint and has been refitted to the boat with A4 stainless steel hardware.
- The fuel line from the fuel pre-filter has been replaced with high quality flexible rubber hose
- Two brand new batteries have been fitted under the central bench seat and are contained within black polypropylene enclosures for Boat Safety.
- Battery, navigations lights, bilge pump and aux power sockets have been re-wired and routed within conduit.
- All brass work was removed from the boat and machine polished.
- All new rudder fabricated from stainless steel. The rudder is fully tig welded from 2.5mm stainless steel sheet. Integral to the rudder is a new 16mm solid stainless rudder shaft which rotates with new oil filled bronze bushings.
In this transaction we are acting as Brokers only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The particulars are intended only as a guide and they do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is advised to check the particulars and specification and where appropriate to have the vessel fully surveyed/trialed and inspected.
- Hull material: Fiberglass
- Length: 5.18m / 16.99ft
- Beam: 1.8m / 5.91ft
- Draft: 0m / -
- Dry Weight: -
- Number of Engines: 1
- Engine Make: Perkins
- Engine Model: 100 Series M20
- Fuel: diesel
- Engine Hours: -
- Total Power: 18.0
- Max Speed: -
- Cruising Speed: -
- Electric bilge pump
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit cover
- Road trailer
“I was new to boating when I first approached Val Wyatt Marine. They helped and advised me in a friendly and professional manner. This resulted in my purchase of a secondhand Interboat 22 as my first boat. The boat was handed over to me in fantastic condition, and Val Wyatt gave me all the necessary training and guidance to get me afloat. They provide winter storage, service and maintenance for my boat at competitive prices and prepare my boat for each new season. The staff at Val Wyatt are a delight to deal with and I would recommend them for a complete boating service without reservation”
“In 2013 we purchased a two year old Jetten 40 from Val Wyatt Marine. The marina staff made navigating the purchase process very easy for us and ensured that we knew our way around the boat before we took procession of her. They also introduced us to all the people and companies we might need to use to help us maintain her and have continued to point us in the right direction for repairs and maintenance over the years. We would not hesitate to recommend the team at Val Wyatt Marine across all areas of the services which they offer”
Similar boats for sale
Once you’ve bought your boat with us, we can offer moorings, boat storage, boat maintenance and engineering – all in one place. Excellent service with maximum ease, we’ll always be on hand for you.Find out more
INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT THIS BOAT?
Call our friendly team on 01189 403211 or complete the form below and we’ll be in contact
* Required fields