Val Wyatt Marine seeks excellence within all aspects of our business and we are committed to the achievement of outstanding environmental performance and sustainable development of the natural and built areas within our site.
We are striving to ensure every aspect of our business incorporates the principles of sustainability and environmental awareness. This means we will endeavour to implement change and improvement through our varied roles within the company.
Val Wyatt Marine makes the following commitments both in respect of its own activities and, where appropriate in its influence over the wider community.
1. To reduce need for fossil fuels and energy, to improve efficiency and to increase reliance on greener and renewable energy sources. Pledge to halve the businesses carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero by 2050 via SME Climate Commitment Scheme.
2. To seek to minimise the waste produced and maximise recycling from all areas of the business.
3. To evaluate and adapt methods of vessel maintenance in keeping with environmental awareness and sustainability.
4. To continuously improve the sustainable management of all buildings, machinery, and vehicles on the site reducing the emission of air pollutants and greenhouse gases.
5. To prevent environmental harm or pollution incidents on site by ensuring our working practices comply with all relevant legislation.
6. To further prevent environmental harm or pollution by maintaining safe production, containment, and disposal of any potentially harmful trade effluent.
7. To ensure that all staff are aware of our environmental standards and shared responsibilities and to further encourage improvement within our partnerships and suppliers.
8. Through wider policies to protect and enhance the biodiversity on land and in the river.
9. Through wider policies support the conservation and enhancement of the site’s natural environments.
10. To maintain continuous improvement by reviewing policies and strategies to ensure sustainable development principles and practices.
To meet these commitments, Val Wyatt Marine will:
- Use this policy as a framework for setting objects and targets for environmental improvement.
- Operate effective management of environmental impacts.
- Communicate the requirements to all employees, partners, and suppliers.
- Make this policy publicly available and to share updates of its environmental performance.
- Monitor and measure Val Wyatt Marine’s environmental performance including periodic reviews and procedures for rectifying deficiencies.